After the Mediation

If a settlement agreement is reached, your family law attorney will file it with the court. However, if you do not have an attorney, your next step is to prepare the necessary court documents and file them along with your Marital Settlement Agreement and/or Parenting Plan at the courthouse. You can obtain form packets with the necessary documents at the courthouse or file them online through the Clerk of Court’s self service web application. Once the necessary documents are filed with the court, a Final Hearing will be scheduled with the judge to conclude the case. If you would like assistance preparing and filing this paperwork, inquire with Jenny for further information.

Right Menu Icon